A very interesting meeting was held last week at the lab facilities of UMinho. The main focus of the meeting was (i) software development for the control and data acquisition of the shaking table and (ii) technical specifications of the hydraulic system.
Representatives of Bridgepoint (https://www.bridgepoint.pt/), which is responsible for developing the control system, and Hansa-Flex (https://pt.hansa-flex.com/index.html), which is responsible for the operation of the hydraulic system, attended the meeting to review final details before the arrival of the new shaking table. Issues that have been addressed contribute towards a better and safer working and testing environment, and guarantee accurate and reliable experimental tests and results.
Specifically, topics which were discussed included:
- Technical details and drawings of the appropriate placement of the shaking table system taking into account the dimensions of the actuator,
- Technical specifications of the hydraulic system responsible for shaking the table,
- Connectivity details between the shaking table and the (strong) floor,
- Soundproofing the room while maintaining sufficient air circulation and keeping a constant operating temperature,
- Evaluation of the electric power installations for a smooth and safe operation of the shaking table,
- Appropriate and safe placement of the computational equipment to operate the shaking table through the construction of a protective “safe room” – guaranteeing safe working conditions to the operators of the shaking table and all the participants of the experimental tests.
Share this post